Saturday, April 23, 2011

The lesson is in the journey

Have you ever tried to do something in life and you reach out to people for help but they ignore your cries or worse, tell you will never make it? Sometimes in life people don't see the vision that God has placed in us. The times when people don't support your dream or goals can be difficult. Those times can make you question whether you should go on but I believe that those times are a test of our faith.When we are doing God's will for our life it really does not matter who is in support of us because God's plan will be done.

Joshua 1:8 says: "This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good ."

If it seems like things are not going your way, first do a spiritual check to make sure that you are in alignment with God's will and that you are being obedient to the instructions that he has given us.  If those things are in order, then have faith because nothing is impossible.

Luke 17:6  says: "And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you."

If your faith can pull a tree up by its roots, surely your faith can lead you to the path where your dreams will fulfilled. Be forewarned  that, once you achieve your dreams you might just discover that the real blessing was in the journey it took to get there.

Have Faith
Lord, I have not always been obedient
but I have tried to do your will
so I am going to sit and be still
because I know that this just a test
and that your will is for me to be blessed
so I won't pay attention to the naysayers
and I will ignore the haters
because I know your will is greater
than anything they can do
My purpose is to glorify you
so I know you'll see me through
You have brought me this far;
its been a long journey
but you still hold the key
to my dreams
So hear my plea
and continue to carry me
I've come this far
because its you that I trust
so I know if I lean on you,
I will be thrust
into prosperity, my destiny;
and everything that's good
not because you should
but rather because you could
and because my story
will show your glory
© 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment